Grass at last! After living in our new home for a year and five months (but whose counting) we finally got sod in our yards! Hubby and I are both a little frugal and were raised to be "do it your self-ers". It's a curse I tell you! There is nary a drape in our home that I have not made with my own bare hands (and a sewing machine), no wall that has not or will not be painted by me, myself, and I, and no inch of dirt moved, sprinkler pipe laid, nor plant in our yard that has not been labored over by my husband.
No, I am not bragging about our talents. Nor am I ungrateful for the abilities we have. I am merely complaining about how long and drawn out our projects can become. My husband used to ask me my opinion on various aspects of the landscape. He finally stopped asking when he realized my answer would always be preceded by, "What can be done fastest?"
So at last we have grass. We spent a great evening tonight throwing frizbees, playing catch, and generally having fun on the green. The four older kids love it. The twins (age 2), however, have never known the joy of grass. They make a beeline for the dirt around the edges of the yard and continue to stain the bottoms of their socks and pants. I guess we'd better get the ground cover in. Maybe then they'll settle for playing in the sand box. When we finish it.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment